Skip to content

Other Information

Other information for students, scholars, staff and faculty at ERAU Prescott is available below.

Address Change/Email/Phone Number

Details Coming Soon

Concurrent Enrollment Request (Flight)

International students are required to obtain authorization for concurrent enrollment while in the U.S. in accordance with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) regulations in order to maintain legal F-1 student status. Total combined enrollment from ERAU and other U.S. F-1 SEVIS-approved school must meet the full-time requirement. Students must be enrolled in full-time credits by the Add/Drop deadline of each semester at ERAU. ** Enrollment at the other F-1 SEVP certified school must be within the semester period at ERAU. A copy of flight schedule is required at the time of approval.

Health Insurance Information and Waivers

Health Care in the United States can be very expensive, especially if it includes a stay in a hospital. All Embry-Riddle students are required to have medical insurance to assist in covering these costs. To ensure that all students have an appropriate level of insurance, a student insurance policy is included in your tuition and fees.

All students enrolled at the University’s Prescott campus will automatically be enrolled in a health insurance plan provided by United Healthcare Student Resources. Students who are covered under a third-party plan that provides comparable coverage may request to waive out of the University-sponsored student health insurance plan. The waiver process is only open for a limited time each term and available to complete by navigating to ERNIE > Student Homepage > Finance Tab > Complete Health Insurance Info.
Additional information including waiver deadlines can be found at Wellness Center or by contacting or 928.777.6653.

Invitation Letters

Do my family and friends need to apply for a visa to visit me? It depends. If your family or friends are citizens of countries which extend visa travel waivers to U.S. citizens, then they will not need to apply for a visa under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP), but will need to request a travel approval through the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA). More information about the Visa Waiver Program is available at the following link.

Visitors with citizenship from countries which do not participate in the VWP should apply for a B-2 Tourist visa to come to the United States. The procedures and documentation needed to apply for a B-2 Visa may vary between embassies/consulates. Please have your family and friends review the application details of the nearest embassy/consulate. For more information, please visit the following website.

If your spouse and/or dependent children (under the age of 21) would like to visit you or join you for an extended amount of time, they are eligible to come to the U.S. as an F-2 or J-2 visa holder. You may submit a request for dependent I-20 by completing the application below. For all other purposes of visiting the U.S, please use the following invitation letter example to assist you with writing a letter inviting your friends and family members to visit you in the U.S.

Obtain Driver’s License

If you wish to obtain an Arizona driver’s license while you are in school, you can apply through the Motor Vehicle Division of the Arizona Department of Transportation. You will apply for the driver’s license and take a written and driving exam.
You should study for the written exam before applying.  You can find the study material at the following website.  More information about the written and driving exam can be found at the following link.
The nearest MVD office is located at 1105 Commerce Drive, Prescott AZ 86305. When you go to apply for your driver’s license, you will need the following documents.  It is usually best to wait to apply until you have been in the US for at least 10 days.
  • Unexpired passport containing your visa
  • I-94 
  • I-20 or DS-2019
  • School ID card

Procedures for Obtaining a Social Security Card

If you obtain a campus job or become authorized for CPT or OPT, you will need to obtain a Social Security Number.  For campus jobs, be hired by a department and then visit Human Resources to obtain a job letter and then the CIPS Office for a second letter. Then you will need to go to the social security administration office to apply for the SSN.  You will need the following documents:
  • I-20
  • Visa / Passport
  • Print of I-94
  • Letter from Human Resources
  • Letter from CIPS
When you apply for the SSN, they will give you a receipt to show you have applied.  It generally takes 2 to 3 weeks to receive the SSN card.

Procedures for Students Taking Leave for Military Duty

Details Coming Soon

Tax Information

During the United States Tax season (Late January through Mid-April) CIPS Office offers tax workshops and individual tax software to assist international students with this important responsibility. 

The following documents are needed to complete the tax forms:
  • Passport
  • U.S. Visa
  • Form I-20
  • W-2
  • Tax Form 1042-S (if applicable)
For assistance outside of the U.S. tax season, please email CIPS and request an appointment to discuss tax questions.

Form 1042-S - International students who receive scholarships and grants in excess of the amount of tuition and required fees for enrollment (“qualified education expenses”) may be required to have Federal income taxes withheld at a rate of 14% under U.S. tax law.

The University will withhold the required Federal income tax, if any, and will provide the international student with Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Form 1042-S per tax year.

The tax software provided will help students complete the following required forms:

Form 8843
All international students, scholars, and dependents present in the U.S. under F-1, F-2, J-1, or J-2 or nonimmigrant status must file Form 8843 "Statement for Exempt Individuals and Individuals With a Medical Condition” — even if they received NO income during the year.

Form 1040 NR
All international students and scholars who earned income in the US (through campus employment, internships, or OPT) must complete the 1040 NR.

Sponsor Letters

Details Coming Soon