Skip to content

Procedures for Korean Students in Military Service

Steps to take prior to leaving Embry-Riddle:

Step 1: Complete Withdrawal Form from Records and Registration and take it to ERNIE Central in the Student Union
Step 2: Have SEVIS record (I-20) terminated (authorized) by International Student & Scholar Services Office by completing the leave of absence form below.

****Please note, if you are an Aeronautical Science student and plan to take classes through World Wide, make sure you limit the number of World Wide classes. This way you can maintain your full time status upon you return while flying to complete your degree.

Steps to take before returning to Embry-Riddle:

Six months prior to the term you intend to start:

Step 1: Ensure that your ERNIE account is still activated. If your account is no longer active, please utilize the non-erau login and create an account using your personal e-mail. Once you are registered for classes both accounts will be merged. 

Step 2: If you have taken World Wide classes during your military service, please contact your World Wide advisor to initiate the Intra-University transfer back to the Daytona Beach campus. 

Step 3: Provide the following at the link below:
  • The term and year you wish to return
  • A copy of your updated passport
  • An updated permanent home address in your home country (no PO Boxes).
  • An updated proof of funds 

Step 4: Pay for the shipment of your I-20 by logging onto eship global. Please select the Embry-Riddle Office of International and Graduate Admissions as your sender. Please enter your student ID in the student ID field.  

Step 5: Once you receive the updated I-20 you will need to contact your Embassy for an interview.

Step 6: Although you may have a valid visa, the SEVIS number will be different. Since your F-1 student status has been terminated, you will need to pay the SEVIS fee

Step 7: If your current F-1 visa has expired, book an interview with your local U.S consulate/ embassy and present the receipt of SEVIS fee payment and other required documents for an updated visa to reflect the new SEVIS number.

Step 8: Once you have an updated visa contact your faculty advisor for registration. After you have registered for one (or more) course(s), the system will activate your ERNIE account.
Note: If your spouse and/or dependent children (under the age of 21) would like to join you for an extended amount of time, they are eligible to come to the U.S. as an F-2 or J-2 visa holder. You may submit a request for dependent I-20 by completing the application below.